Developed in 1992, Ground Enhancement Material (GEM) is a superior conductive material that solves your toughest grounding problems. GEM is a low-resistance, non-corrosive, carbon dust-based material that improves grounding effectiveness, especially in areas of poor conductivity. GEM contains portland cement, which hardens when set, to become a conductive concrete that is permanent, maintenance-free and will never leach or wash away.
Ground Enhancement Material improves grounding effectiveness regardless of soil conditions. It is the ideal material to use in areas of por conductivity, such as rocky ground, mountain tops and sandy soil. GEM is also the answer in situations where ground rods can’t be driven or where limited land area makes adequate grounding difficult with conventional methods.
No other material matches GEM for reducing earthing resistance, maintaining a permanent low resistance and for providing high conductivity for the life of the grounding system. In addition, GEM does not adversely affect soil and will not leach ions or contaminate ground water. It meets all EPA requirements for landfill (USA). A Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) is available on request.
GEM is effective
• Dramatically reduces earth resistance and impedance measurements.
• Maintains constant resistance for the life of the system once in its set form.
• Performs in all soil conditions even during dry spells.
GEM is permanent
• Does not dissolve, decompose or leach out with time.
• Does not require periodic charging treatments or replacements.
• Does not require maintenance.
• Does not require the continuous presence of water to maintain its conductivity.
GEM is easy to use
• Easy-to-handle 25 lb (11.36 kg) bags or 25 lb bucket (GEM25ABKT).
• Requires one person to install.
• Can be easily mixed into a slurry.
• Solidifies into a conductive cement in three days.
• May reduce the size of the grounding system where conventional methods are unsatisfactory.
• Reduces vandalism (ground rods cannot be easily removed when set in concrete).